.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers :Madeleine || Lincoln: Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 30, 2011

Week 70: May 13 - 19

Well, LOL, not a whole lot to write about this week. Mimi visited for a few days though! We went to the Farmer's Market in Marietta with our friends Liz, Molly and Thomas. Madeleine saw a LOT of dogs, some cool bubbles, and the violin lady played "Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star" for her!

SLEEP
We are still having a crazy time with sleep for Madeleine. It's still taking about an hour for her to fall asleep, though there have been some good days this week. I can't help but feel like she's getting into some kind of sleep deficit. All I want is for her to be well rested. I know the difference between my normal-sleep baby and my less-than-desired sleep baby. They are both fantastic and precious, but the normal-sleep Madeleine is much happier and creative and energetic. I just want that for her!

DIAPERS
We're still in disposables. We saw a dermatologist recently who said that the sores might be a kind of viral infection that there's nothing we can really do anything for. She said it is definitely not us, we're changing her frequently enough, all the right things, but that some kids just have this virus and it'll be a battle until she's potty-trained. We haven't done any EC because Madeleine HATES sitting on the potty now. She cries awfully, and I don't want to press it. Maybe once the sores are all healed, totally, we'll give it a couple of weeks and try again. I think she associates all things potty with the pain of changing her diaper, so she doesn't want anything to do with it. Once she's not in pain when we change her, maybe her little mind can "forget" that it ever hurt and we can move ahead with EC. We would really love it.

WORDS
This week was all about new words for Madeleine, it seems.

* book - she's long been able to say "buuuh" for book, but this week, she started really trying to say the "k" sound at the end. "buuuk".
* bottle - there's a bottle of lotion that we keep by her changing pad, and she often likes to play with it. This week, she started calling it a bottle!
* apple - have I mentioned that she is fabulous? :)
* "bye, bye, dada" & "bye, bye, mimi" - you saw that right! Madeleine has combined waving, saying bye-bye, and saying it to someone. She did this the first time at naptime, when I went to put her down and Matt left the room. She said, "bye bye, dada" and waved. She did it later for Mimi, too! WOW! Her first actual sentence!

ONE MORE THING
We've never made a big deal out of a Bible with Madeleine. She's got a few little Bible story books, but we read them the same as all of her other books. In Bible class, I think they did a little exercise called "pat the Bible" (what the purpose is, I'll never know!), but other than that, no special significance. Well, Madeleine can pick a Bible out of a stack of books, and of course she actually says "bible." Matt had some books on a chair, his Bible being one of them. It wasn't even on top, but she pointed right to it and said, "Bible." We have no idea how she knows to do this, but she does!

SLIDESHOW
Matt left a neat patch of dandelions in our back yard, and I thought they'd make for some neat pics of Madeleine. Let me know if you agree!

2 comments:

  1. I know the sleep issues are driving you crazy but just keep doing what you feel is best and it will all work out.

    I think you're on the right track with the EC, waiting until all the 'hurts' are gone. I think she'll do great after that.

    Does Mimi talking non-stop have anything to do with Madeleine's always learning new words when she's around? Hmmm . . .

    As for the photos in the Dandelion patch - there are no words, only sighs, rapid heart beats and tears in my eyes. You've captured such sweetness, curiosity, contemplation, wonder, awe, happiness, and pure joy. Thanks for these.

    Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. My opinion is that the dislike of EC is just not wanting to sit still.

    I'd spell her book pronunciation like BOOooK.

    ReplyDelete