.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers :Madeleine || Lincoln: Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 30, 2011

Week 69: May 6 - 12

Well, I will start by saying that Madeleine is amazing. I love, LOVE watching her grow and change every day.

WORDS & SIGNS
I feel like every day Madeleine learns something new.

* This week, she kind of learned the sign for asleep.
* She started saying "pillow" (there's a pillow I use when she nurses for her to lay her head on).
* A personal favorite: "Uh-oh"! She says this whenever something falls or when one of us says it.
* While reading a book with daddy, Madeleine said "baby" and kissed the baby in the book! Matt didn't even point to the baby.
* The BIGGEST development this week: "DADA!!" It happened on Saturday. She was standing by Layla's crate, and I was with her. Matt was on the ottoman. I don't even really remember what happened, but she said "DADA!" And it STUCK!!!!! YAY!!!

LITTLE THINGS
Remember how last week I mentioned that she loves doors? Well, that is still quite in effect. She loves shutting me or Matt in the closet, though she quickly calls for us and wants us out. Anyway, this week she figured out how to open drawers. She accomplished the task on my nightstand drawer, which has a pull handle. I don't think she realizes the scope of her new skill though, as she hasn't attempted to open any other drawers.

One day, while sitting outside with some books, Madeleine "hid" something between the pages of the book, and of course did her "where is it?" motion with her arms thrown wide. I've mentioned that she's awesome, right? :)

She learned to nod this week when one of us says "yes" or nods.

Madeleine has always been attracted to the bright, big necklaces I wear on occasion. I let her play with them, and she always pulled the necklace up to her neck , then pressed her chin into her chest to hold the necklace on. Whenever I tried putting it over her head, she would cry and try to pull the necklace off. Well, she finally learned to take it off by herself AND put it back on! So many hours of fun were had with mommy's necklaces.

Last but not least, Madeleine has started moving around in the tub! I reported that in week 62 (7 weeks ago!) we moved her to the big bathtub. It's taken her this long to actually move in the tub. Until now, she would just sit where we put her and play with what was in front of her. Now, she'll crawl around, try to stand, and she's getting more playful. YAY BABY!!

SLIDESHOW

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the Kentucky Derby Party pictures, especially the ones in Matt's arms, when she's leaning on his shoulder. Awww, and the one of you and Madeleine outside with your head leaning on hers. These are great photos and a great report on her learning new things! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, she said "dada" the day before Mother's Day, so I got to share no recognition that day. "The scope of her new skill," Schmoo . . .

    I like the closeup picture of her sitting down looking up at the camera. It's a good shot. Ha ha! the cutout photo is great! I also like the one of Me N Chase with silly hats on, and the one you got of her actually wearing her hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and you captured the foot pad wrapped around the high-chair leg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the one of her sitting next to Floppy Dog and the lemon.

    ReplyDelete