.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers :Madeleine || Lincoln: Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 16, 2011

Week 63: March 25 - 31

Well, it is a LONG time since Week 63! I'm posting this in May, so I can't possibly remember some of the details. I'm not sure why it's been so long since I've even touched the blog. I've always wanted to keep doing it, but things just got a little crazy or something, I don't know! I'll probably just record the highlights for these older weeks and hopefully get back into the groove with the current week (68!)

EC
She went poo and pee on the potty this week! At one time! And I cued her to go pee after she went poo! :)

FOOD
Madeleine likes pasta! With our yummy family spaghetti sauce recipe! :) She also enjoyed some black beans at the Cuban Diner.

NEW!!
Madeleine took some "new" steps today! We defined them as new because she did not walk from one of us to the other, or toward either of us. She took a few hesitant steps toward something else, like a toy or Layla. Then, she took some steps while we were standing. She's feeling more confident in her abilities and doesn't need one of us right there with her all the time.

On Tuesday, she stood up and swayed her little hips! So adorable.

Thursday, Madeleine stood up from a crawl without holding on to anything. WOW. It will seriously be any day now...

WORDS & SIGNS
Madeleine learned the sign for grapes this week and used it to let us know what she wanted for a snack.

She said "bible" in class on Sunday morning, and really, she loves "B" sounds right now. Ball, Bible, Buh-buh... All words should start with a "B" if you ask her!

BABY STORY TIME
At the library near our house, they have baby story time once a week. Matt started taking Madeleine because Wednesday is "mommy goes to work day" where I get things done that need getting done that are on my to-do list. (LOVE mommy goes to work days). I love that they get to do this together.

LITTLE THINGS
On Saturday, we noted that Madeleine felt heavy.

Monday morning, Madeleine slept well. I woke to her talking to herself, and I even heard her laughing on the monitor! Love that happy, well-rested baby!

She loves the blue tube from her cone. It's her favorite piece to carry around.

Balls seem to have fallen out of favor somewhat. She likes balls in books now. It started with a little book where the dog gets a ball for his birthday. So now, all circles in books are balls. Hey, it's awesome, we get to point things out in books and talk about them a little bit.


SLIDESHOW!



2 comments:

  1. The fact that you're writing about her learning steps really gave me a sense of how long it's been since you posted. Love the recycling picture. Those knitted shoes don't work for her to walk on wood floors, unless that is, we want her to develop her stabilizing muscles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Matt. The way she's walking all over the place now makes it hard to believe she just started it. She's amazing.

    ReplyDelete