.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers :Madeleine || Lincoln: Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 16, 2011

Week 66: April 15 - 21

Mimi was still here for most of this week. SUPER SHORT notes again. Sorry, I guess there was just so much going on that I didn't stop to write things down. Hopefully the pictures will make up for lack of information...

EC & SLEEP
I can't really comment on what was going on these weeks since it's been awhile. I can say that EC has pretty much halted. She pooped for daddy last week, but has barely even made the sign for potty this week. We are still (STILL) dealing with those diaper sores, so I haven't want to push her at all. There's plenty of time for working with the potty, and we are in no hurry. As for sleep, well, we seem to always be dealing with something, but this week was pretty tame. GREAT naps, great nights, great days. No complaints!! For once!

WORDS & SIGNS
Madeleine now says "nana" for banana. And boy does she love her bananas!!

VISIT
On Saturday, we went to visit the Rays, and they gave her a little Easter egg with some goodies in it! She got a little stuffed lamb in the egg, and she leaned over to kiss it. Everyone went "awww!" So then Madeleine pushed the lamb away, and we all laughed. Well, that upset baby girl. She cried and "ran" to me, it took a good while to get her calmed down. The good news is that she quickly took to the lamb once at home, so there were no lasting effects from her traumatic experience. I think she's just shy and didn't like all that attention focused so strongly on her. I CAN RELATE!

LITTLE BIG THINGS
While playing on Friday, Madeleine discovered that she could put her weasel ball together! I also FINALLY figured out that when she carried the weasel ball TO me and said "yee ball" what she wanted was for me to turn the weasel ball ON. For those who don't know about the weasel ball, it's a dog toy that moves kind of erratically around the floor. Madeleine stole it from Layla and was the favored toy for quite a while. But when it fell out of favor, we didn't bother keeping a good battery in it. So, we had to dig up a battery and make it go again. She knew that it came apart and something happened to make it go. This week, she was actually able to put it back together! I was impressed, it seemed like such a big girl thing to do.

Mimi taught Madeleine the "where is it?" game. She would hide something, put her hands up, and say, "Where is it?" Madeleine quickly got into the hand motion, throwing her arms open, palms up, and making a little grunt noise. Like, "Uh?" They played it in the car to pass the time, and then Madeleine brought the game into the house.

15-MONTH APPOINTMENT
Madeleine's 15-month appointment was this week, on Matt's birthday actually. She weighed 19 pounds, 2.3 ounces (still like, 4th percentile), and was 29 inches long. And, seriously, Madeleine is still wearing the same shoes she wore a year ago. How is it that her feet haven't grown in a year?!? But the doctor wasn't concerned at all. She said Madeleine is just little right now, that she is perfectly proportioned, happy, and doing all of the other things she's supposed to, so there's nothing to worry about.

GOOD! Because she is SO little! :)


SLIDESHOW!



1 comment:

  1. Seeing Madeleine in the little jacket that Fran Johnson made for you when you were a little one just made me feel wonderful! I'm happy you kept it and put it on her.

    The pictures by the fountain are the best!

    ReplyDelete