WORDS & DISCOVERIES
On Monday, Madeleine discovered eyes. She put her finger on mine and said "eye." She's very good at it! So I showed her her eyes, and she pointed to mine some more. Then she started blinking at me! Very slow, deliberate blinks, and she'd nod her head a little with each one, as though she was thinking carefully about each blink. It is so NEAT to see her discover the world, discover herself and what she can do. Babies are amazing and so, so cool.
On Wednesday, she discovered her leg! She can point to her leg and our legs.
FUN
Remember last week, how I said that she learned the "Where is it?" game? Well, that has totally taken off this week. Now she'll hide all kinds of things. Toys, her blanket, anything. AND, she's started hiding things under her shirt and throwing her arms out, saying, "uhh?" She'll also tuck her animals under her legs and say, "uhh?" I can't describe it, I'm sure, but it is awesome.
NOT SO FUN
Madeleine's STILL getting teeth this week. It's disrupting her sleep and making her a little cranky. Argh!
ANIMALS
Madeleine has really taken to her stuffed animals. The lamb from the Rays, floppy dog from cousin Marshall, and the pink elephant from Jill Palmer. She now wants all of them, along with her blanket, when she nurses. Not every time, but more often than not. I'm sure it's quite a funny sight, seeing her lying there with all her little friends. And she is SUPER attached to them. It's adorable.
SLIDESHOW!




Thanks for this post! It's no surprise to me that you didn't have lots of notes. The more active Madeleine becomes, the less time you'll have to write about what she's so actively doing all the time! I love the photos of her with her arm on the concrete wall. Just the look on her face is very pensive and sweet.
ReplyDeleteI misses her. Good post. My list item for you tomorrow is get camera spots fixed.
ReplyDelete