.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers :Madeleine || Lincoln: Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 24, 2010

Week 48: December 9 - 15

BIG week this week, lots going on, but IT IS OFFICIAL: MADELEINE IS CRAWLING!!

Nursing
Well, I'm on round 3 of antibiotics. Meh. Not having a fun time, but it only hurts half the time....

Sleeping
OH, I can't wait until I don't think about sleep like I do now. Sometimes -- LOTS of times -- I wish I didn't think about it at all. I wish I could let it go and be easy about it, but .... that's not going to happen any time soon.

Two days this week, Madeleine skipped her second nap entirely. She would go down, I guess not tired enough for her nap yet, and she'd play awhile and eventually get to standing in her crib. Then she'd want down and she couldn't get down, so she'd cry. But it was a mad kind of cry, like "COME HELP ME NOW" cry. Because she'd cry for a few seconds, then stop and try to sit down. Repeat. For the rest of her nap. I once again googled what to do when baby gets stuck standing up, and everything said to let them alone. Going in often makes things worse. Meh. It was not fun, plus Matt was at work so I was all alone, wanting to go in but having to make myself be strong.

Solids/Food

Foods she LOVES: biscuits, apples, cantaloupe, peaches, tomatoes, HUMMUS
Foods she likes: zucchini, green beans, chicken, carrots, asparagus
Foods she doesn't love: bananas, cucumber.
Potential problem foods: cheese, yogurt (dairy??)

By the book...
According to "Your Baby's First Year, Week by Week," during this week, Madeleine:
1. May take a step without holding onto anything (nope, not yet...)
2. May stand on toes (YES! She definitely does this.)
3. May carry spoon to mouth (she tried, got the spoon in sideways)
4. Turns pages of book (um, yes, been doing this since week 43) -- HOWEVER, new this week, she can turn the pages of a board book without any help from us!)
5. May pull off shoes and socks (been pulling her socks off for ... months!)
6. Speaks long, babbling sentences with full inflection (she's starting, saying more and more)
7. Seeks approval (still no sign of this. LOL! Oh wait, except when she does something. She'll smile really big and look at us.)
8. Engages in parallel play with another child (not much opportunity to play with other kids. But she enjoyed Marshall and Lola at Thanksgiving)

New Things
1. SHE CAN CRAWL!! The real thing! It is awesome. I took video.







2. Little baby has started really imitating sounds. She does it with Matt way more than me. He'll play with a lion and make roaring sounds, and she will try to make the same sound. When reading a book about neighborhood animals, I make all the animal sounds. Madeleine will try to make the kitty "meow" sound. It's great.

Also, Madeleine will copy ... not sure what to call them ... but nose sounds. If someone sighs, she'll copy us. If Layla blows her nose, Madeleine will pretend she did too. If Matt sniffs, she will sniff. It's hilarious!

3. Madeleine now points to things in books. She was pointing out the egg in the "Very Hungry Caterpillar" but now, she'll point to something on every page, or just little things. Especially animals.

4. Daddy showed Madeleine how to flip the light switch. We aren't sure if she likes it because it turns the light on and off or if she likes the physical aspect of flipping. More research is required.

5. One of Madeleine's favorite things to do now is pull things off tables. She pulls her books down, makes a lot of noise. She pulls things off the ottoman.

6. A MAJOR FIRST: On Tuesday, Madeleine lowered herself from standing at the exersaucer to crawling position!! I got the feat on video! Now little baby is on her way to super mobility. She can crawl, cruise, pull up, go from crawling to sitting and sitting to crawling, and NOW, she can go from standing to crawling. In some situations, at least. GO BABY!





7. Similarly, Madeleine can also now pick up flat objects from the floor. She's been able to pick toys up for awhile, but now she can pick up books and pieces of paper.

8. Finally, Madeleine has started pointing at things, not just in books. All over the place.

Misc
1. I LOVE HER HEAD. I adore washing her head. It's the perfect size to hold and kiss and touch. LOVE HER HEAD!

2. Madeleine's confidence in walking grows every day. Now she is feeling more and more capable of walking while holding only one hand. IT's so cute when she does it, too. She'll hold one hand, and with her other, she'll hug it to her body and take little jerky steps, all the while grinning, so happy with herself. It's awesome.

3. Mommy got lots of kisses this week!

4. I think that Madeleine "told" on Layla. Baby was eating, and Layla came around her high chair. I told her to leave harshly, and she did. A few minutes later, the dog returned, and Madeleine leaned over, pointed at her, and said something, while looking at me. IT was hilarious.

5. Matt is convinced that she's trying to say "love." HE'll say "I love you," and she will say "yyaahh". I can see where he'd think that. :)

Slideshow




Video of the week!





BONUS LAYLA VIDEO!!



1 comment:

  1. "More research is required." Haha. Great photos this week. I enjoyed the blog tonight (this morning).

    ReplyDelete