Nursing
UGH, why does this have to be such an issue? I just wish it could be NORMAL. I am hoping for good things in Florida -- my current theory (there have only been a hundred over the last 10.5 months!) is that the warmer weather will make it easier (read: less painful).
On an interesting note, Saturday night Madeleine did something interesting. Usually, she eats on both sides before bed, but this night, after the first side, she went to eat on the other but then laughed. Laughed! I kept trying, and she kept laughing. I got up, tried to wait for her to calm down. Eventually, she started crying, so I thought she was hungry. We tried again, but she wouldn't eat. I could tell she was tired, so when she wouldn't eat, I just had to put her to bed. She ate less than half as long as she usually does, so I was worried about her waking in the middle of the night, but she didn't! She slept all night. I wonder if it means something--is she ready to drop a meal? The rest of the week, she had some light meals. The total nursing numbers were down, but she was just fine. :)
Sleeping
Sleep is going pretty well right now. This is the last week of the Wonder Week crazy (so the book says), and it definitely seemed a little crazy. But it isn't that bad, it isn't as bad as it has been in the past. NOTHING was as bad as that period before she turned 6 months!
Solids/Food
Every day, it seems she improves, but then there will be a meal or two where she doesn't eat anything. *SHRUGS* Oh well, this is how it's supposed to go.
Foods she LOVES: biscuits, apples, cantaloupe, peaches, tomatoes
Foods she likes: zucchini, green beans, chicken, carrots, asparagus
Foods she doesn't love: bananas, cucumber.
Potential problem foods: cheese, yogurt (dairy??)
By the book...
According to "Your Baby's First Year, Week by Week," during this week, Madeleine:
1. Cruises furniture (YES! Started this week 42!)
2. Picks up extremely small objects (she touches very small object, has yet to really pick them up)
3. Holds cup and drinks from it (NO. She doesn't drink out of cups yet, but I'm not surprised, really, since we did things differently than the norm)
4. Recognizes words as symbols for objects--e.g. knows cow "moos" (I don't know!)
5. Can imitate speech rhythms, inflections and facial expressions
6. Does not always cooperate (ha! This is the story of the changing pad)
7. Withdraws from strangers (Yeah, been doing this)
New Things / Misc.
Nothing really new this week. All she wants to do is walk, walk! Seriously. This baby isn't happy unless she is walking or cruising.
Slideshow
Sorry for the light load of pics again this week! But there are some really good ones. :)
Video of the week!


Good pics! Chunky arms, MRM with cousin Marshall, cute mouf.
ReplyDeleteYou needs tomato on the list of foods she loves. I think #5 on the milestones list is out, i.e. not evident. LY.