Okay, so, I took maybe 2 notes for this whole month. Most of it was spent recovering from the “tailbone” thing and dealing with nursing woes of a different nature.
NURSING
On August 23, I nursed Lincoln for the last time on one side. I was going to wean totally, but I KNOW how much work formula, bottles and such are, so I decided to just keep going with the side that was working. It took some work to get things back up to speed, but it’s completely possible to fully provide for a baby with just one working pump, so to speak. And I made the decision to at least try! This requires LOTS of pumping and supplementing meals with formula, but I know that the payoff will be worth it.
MILESTONES
* He definitely shows excitement.
* We think he’s going to be a thumb-sucker. I am not sure if I’d prefer that or a pacifier. He hasn’t taken to a pacifier yet really. At night sometimes, we can get him to go back to sleep with the pacifier…
* I saw somewhere that he might start really “talking” around 8 weeks, and ON THE NOSE, he started “talking”! I’ve noticed him doing this, kind of by-the-book. It’s neat.
LAST
Seriously?? I took two notes. Bummer. Lots of pictures this month though! Oh, and HE SMILED! On August 24. First smile, I loved it.
Now enjoy the sights!


Madeleine “helped” us bathe Lincoln this time. She is so big when she helps. And of course, Lincoln just adores her.

Sweet, sweet smiles! These are some of his first. And I adore that romper.


Lincoln had the awesomest stretch routine for whenever we got him out of his swaddle. It went on, and on, and on… And on! Since it was all motion, it was impossible to capture by photo, but these were some okay blurry ones.

Lincoln with Daddy and Poppi!








I remember the stretching ritual! It was hilarious! Thanks for the reminder.
ReplyDeleteThe tiny Bub in the bathtub. I love the picture of him looking over at the wall, it looks so like a common expression of his.
ReplyDeleteWow, those pictures of him in the striped chair really remind me of the MB ones there. Plus they bring a smile to my face.
The stretching documentation is great. Glad you got that.
What a tiny he was! But a happy one!