
Madeleine had something of a small trauma this week. We were invited to the Ray's house on Monday for hanging out and for dinner. Well, when Madeleine woke from her nap, Matt went to get her. He brought her out of the room still in her sack (which is unusual). Then he told Madeleine to show me something. She had a very serious expression on her face, and finally she held up Blankie--who had a huge trip down almost the entire length! The border wasn't ripped, but there was a huge hole.
She said, "MMmm broke." MMmm was still her word for her blankie. She was very matter-of-fact, very stoic. She didn't cry or get upset, though clearly, it bothered her that blankie was broken. We didn't have time to worry about blankie right then, since we had to rush to get out the door to they Ray's.
Madeleine had a GREAT time with Chase and Molly and Miss Liz and Mr. Chuck. And Lelu, of course! Dinner was DELICIOUS, and Madeleine got to sit in a big person chair (on some books or a pillow or something) and eat with us! She's such a big girl.
When we got home, Madeleine had to go to sleep without Blankie. I texted a friend that night, asking if she had time the next day for a "quick sewing session." I told her Madeleine's blankie got ripped and I didn't want to mess it up. She said yes (phew!). On Tuesday morning, Madeleine asked to see Blankie, and she gave it a kiss. She even started calling it "Blankie" (pronounced bwankie). Miss Ronna came over during Madeleine's nap and did an amazing job fixing blankie.
When Madeleine woke from her nap, I told her Blankie was fixed. She didn't want to see blankie yet, though, so I waited until I got her up and changed. We went into the living room, where Blankie was. I pulled out blankie and showed it to her. She inspected it very closely, and finally gave it a big hug. Now she says, "Miss Ronna fix Blankie." :)
THANK YOU, MISS RONNA!
SLIDESHOW




I love the bwankie story!So sweet. Thanks for posting!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great Blankie story. Also, good capture on the book organizing.
ReplyDelete