Lots of new words this week! Let's see... "high chair", "under", "over", "pick up", "out." I mean, she knows about going "under mama" when she goes under my legs. She gets "over mama" when she climbs over me on the bed. She knows about picking things up. "Out" has been there, in terms of "out door," but now she says "out" when she wants out of her sleep sack. And "boy" too, when she sees a boy in a book. Or probably about her new friends Baer and Vinny.
She said "high chair" for the first time on our way back from Gainesville. We stopped at a Chick-fil-A, she saw them, pointed, and said, "high chair, eat." LOL! She knows, she knows.
Another word Madeleine has been saying for awhile (I think?) is "lie." And she uses it to mean "lie down." This week, she had mama, dada, lamby, blankie, some books, a wooden duck, and her bike all lying on the floor. Just because she can.
OTHER
We got her some bath crayons last week, and she really enjoys them. She drew a "family portrait" this week on the bathtub with the crayons. She says "mama heart" "dada heart" "baby heart" and "Lamby heart." etc.
However, the crayons aren't the highest quality, and they've started breaking apart. When the first one broke, she got really upset and cried and wanted out of the tub! Poor little baby. This happened twice, so we decided to chuck the crayons. Maybe we'll find some better ones some day!
BIGGEST BIG THING EVER SO FAR
MADELEINE LEARNED TO HOP THIS WEEK!!! She has been trying for this for months! Matt says she did it Friday morning before we left Gainesville, but I didn't see it and he didn't tell me about it until after I'd told him that she hopped. Just so the record is straight.
Here is how it happened: I was sitting on the chair-and-a-half in the living room, she was playing with her stroller. I saw her grab the handle bar of the stroller and hop. But the way she was doing it, I could tell that she didn't need any support. So I called her over to me and asked her to hop without holding on. She didn't get it and did it twice while holding on. Then I put my hand up to block her from grabbing the stroller. She grabbed my hand instead, but I didn't let her use it for support. Then she understood when I said to hop without the bar, and she DID IT!! She only clears maybe an inch, but OH MY GOODness, how excited she was! And me, I was cheering so much!
Then Madeleine proceeded to hold everything in sight and hop. Lamby and Blankie got first dibs, of course, but then it was whatever she found. A book, a pen, a car, whatever. It was so awesome to watch.
You know, you hear about all of these "firsts." First time they roll over, sit up, crawl, stand, and walk. No one ever talks about the first time they HOP! And I gotta say, it ranks right up there with walking.
SLIDESHOW




I love, yes love, your story about hopping.
ReplyDelete