.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers :Madeleine || Lincoln: Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Week 93: October 21 - 27

Mimi came for a visit this week! We had a fabulous photo shoot on Friday with our friend Joanna, who has taken quite a few of Madeleine's pictures over the last year or so. She does an awesome job, and I can't wait to see the results! Then we took a short trip to visit a friend. Full, fun week!

LITTLE THINGS
Madeleine seems suddenly taller. I've heard many, many stories of such a phenomenon, but to see it in real life is crazy. Pants she wore last week are now too short! Yay for growing babies!

Baby got some more scrapes today, including one around her eye. She was standing by the stairs, and she started to fall. Matt tried to catch her, but he thinks doing so only made her fall worse. She hit the corner of the steps, and it looks so sad. She cried a lot, but she is a trooper and was playing again after not too long.

Madeleine has started saying her own name! After many months of referring to herself as "baby," she now says, "Ma-lyn." IT IS ADORABLE. She usually does it in a possessive sense, like, "Ma-lyn ow" for Madeleine's drink.

As mentioned already, Mimi visited this week. One day when getting baby up from her nap, Mimi laughed at something she did and slapper her knee while laughing. Apparently, Madeleine thought this was great fun and started copying her. :)

Another fun story related by Mimi: one day, Madeleine was sitting in her chair and she said "eee" (which can either mean sit, eat, or kiss). Mimi said, "sit?" Madeleine repeated herself. Mimi said, "kiss?" Madeleine then said "eee" again, but also did the sign for eat while she said it. ISN'T THAT HILARIOUS??!?!??!?!


GAINESVILLE
This week, we decided to go to Gainesville, FL, to visit some friends. Or, rather, for me to visit a friend. Matt came with and stayed with his brother. We had a FABULOUS time. It was relaxing for me in many ways. Madeleine's schedule was off, but she handled it all very well. The first night, though, I think she got overheated, because she woke up quite upset at about 2am. I was in the room with her, and we were next door to everyone else, so I couldn't just let her cry. I got her up and tried to help her go to sleep with me. It took over 2 hours. YEAH. And she fell asleep on me, while I was sitting up. It was the only way she would sleep. After I decided she was good and asleep, I slowly slid down so that I was lying down, her atop me.

It was really neat; I've never slept with her beside me before. Thankfully, she slept in until about 8:20. That was neat too, waking up with her right there. :)

We went to about 4 parks in 3 days, had lots of PB&Js, went to Chick-fil-A family night and the library and played with cars, planes, trains, and blocks a WHOLE BUNCH.

My friend has two boys, almost 3 and 14 months. It was interesting to watch them with Madeleine. When we got there, I put her down with their younger boy. He went right up to her and kinda pushed her, which is what he does with his brother (and how his brother does with him). Madeleine didn't understand and after a couple of light pushes, she started to cry. From then on, when she first saw him (Vinny) in the morning, she was a bit afraid of him. But once they were together long enough, she got over it.

Madeleine was really interested in whatever Baer was doing. She quickly learned his name and said it often when he wasn't around. Similarly, Vinny was really interested in Madeleine and wanted to interact with her as much as he could. But Baer barely noticed Madeleine, and she was wary of Vinny. So nobody really got a play friend out of the deal! Oh well, I got to be with my friend. :)

We also got to spend a little time with Matt's parents. We met them at a park and Madeleine got to swing for about 30 minutes. [That is ALL she really wanted to do at the park, but there was one place where she got into the slide for a few minutes. As in, she'd go up the stairs and go down the slide by herself.] We showed Papa Pete and SuSu Madeleine's high five and fist bump, and they were both big hits. Then we had dinner at Uncle Russ' house, yummy BBQ.

FABULOUS trip, can't wait to make it again! Next year, sometime, Lord willing.


SLIDESHOW

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing her say her name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big smile with you on the tractor. I like "What is Layla doing?"

    ReplyDelete