Mimi and Poppi came for a visit! Poppi hadn’t seen Madeleine since her birthday in January. I’d say it was about time! They arrived in the wee hours of Saturday morning, so they were there when we woke up. We’d planned for a low-key day, since we’d just returned from Memphis and they’d been so late getting in.
We didn’t go out anywhere (except a food run by the guys), stayed at home and got “acquainted.” It was a lot of fun, and Madeleine warmed to Poppi in no time. She calls him “bah-bah.”
Sunday was fun too, we went to church and then just hung out at home again. Mimi and Poppi wanted as much time with Madeleine as possible, so Matt and I left them alone here and there in the house and did other things.
Monday we went to Chick-fil-A for lunch and did a lot more just hanging out at home. My cousin Josh came over while his mom and sister went shopping. Madeleine was asleep when he got there, and Matt got her up when she woke. He changed her, got her dressed, and they walked into the rumpus room together. Madeleine led the way, with mama’s purse on her arm, with a cute little pleased-with-herself, aren’t-I-so-big-? look on her face. As soon as she saw Josh, her smile faded. I went over to her, and she just melted against me. (Which I did not and will never mind!)
She eventually took to him and wanted to interact with him. She went through her ritual acceptance greeting of bestowing (temporarily, of course) Lamby and blankie on Josh, allowing him to kiss each one, and then receiving them back. Then he was “in.” Baby got to see Aunt Susan and cousin Kelly, too, before bedtime.
Tuesday, Mimi and Poppi had to leave. So they spent the whole morning with Madeleine, including a family trip to Chick-fil-A for their breakfast entrée giveaway. That was nice and yummy. Then the grandparents finished packing and loading, and they said goodbye to sweet Madeleine. Oh, and us.
CRAZY
One night for dinner, we had taco meat with salsa and chips. Matt made burritos, I ate nacho-style. Madeleine was eating some small pieces of chip with a little meat and/or salsa on them. She was doing GREAT until suddenly, she looked at me in alarm. Her face got red (not blue, thankfully!), and she pulled at her ears and cried. This happened 2 or 3 times, whenever she swallowed. I picked her up and thought she was okay, but then she did it again. She ended up expelling whatever had caused the problem, but she was quite upset about it!
Once she was calmer, she gave me a kiss and then gave Matt and kiss. Then she was all better. *MELT*
NOTES FROM THE WEEK
~ Madeleine knows some colors! I can ask her to point to the yellow ball, and she does it!
~ She knows and can say the word “gate,” like the one we have in our house at the top of the short stair-set.
~ Madeleine can see out the living room (and other, I suppose) windows by standing on her tip-toes!
~ She also practiced walking on her heels briefly.
~ While writing this week’s post, and wishing I had more to say, I was reminded of the verse in John that says, “Jesus also did many other things. If they were all written down, I suppose the whole world could not contain the books that would be written.” I’m not saying Madeleine’s doing THAT many new and cool things, but the general idea is right on. :)
SLIDESHOW


My guess is that the sharp edges of the chip probably hurt going down her throat, ya think?
ReplyDeleteColors? Really? Way cool!
Thanks for recording all these things, even if it isn't everything! You're doing great!
Walking on heels is fun for a kid. That's big-girl stuff. I'm glad you're melty. The note at the end of this post is cool about what John says.
ReplyDelete