.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers :Madeleine || Lincoln: Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

week 28: July 22-28

Nursing
No changes here. If you're interested, she's eating between 50-75 minutes per day. :)

Sleeping
Madeleine's schedule is all messed up, and we are trying to get it back on track. She's having 3 problems with sleep right now: [1] waking early (sometimes 6am), [2] short wake times (1-1.5 hours), and [3] she gets overtired easily before bedtime and goes to sleep early, thus perpetuating the first problem. *shrugs* All I care about is Madeleine getting enough sleep. I can tell when she does and when she doesn't, and I'm trying to figure out how to increase the times she does. It's slow going, but totally worth it!

Solids/Food
(need to get better about her eating with us! We aren't used to thinking about her and meals with us!)
Thursday: Oatmeal today. She had a total blast with it!
Friday: Watermelon again, yum!
Saturday: Pancakes and peaches this morning. She didn't even get the peaches to her mouth, but she loved playing with the pancakes! So mushy and crumbly. Then she had sticks of cheddar cheese for a snack. I had no idea cheese could turn to slime!
Tuesday: Toast and scrambled eggs for breakfast. The toast was a big hit; she gummed it into paste. Dinner was pasta primavera, and her favorite veggies were the carrots. She also got a little bit of pasta down, I think (bowties).
Wednesday: Cheese again. It just turns to mush by the time she's done with it!

By the book...
According to "Your Baby's First Year, Week by Week," during this week, Madeleine:
1. Turns over easily (check! She rolls easily but not all over the place--yet!)
2. Shows greater interest in details (um, yes? I dunno!)
3. Shows humor and teases (she is laughing like crazy now. We have no idea what's so funny!)
4. Pats at mirror image (she did this a few weeks ago)

New Things
I think Madeleine is learning to shake her head! She did it Saturday when Matt was holding her, and then when I was reading her a story before her last nap. She just sat there, shaking her head. It's super cute, but I have no idea where she learned it. We don't make a habit of shaking our heads at her. I guess it's just part of the growing process! :)

^^ Confirmed! She's been doing it more and more!

Madeleine has really been laughing a lot lately. And as I mentioned above, we have no idea what is funny. She'll just laugh, and it's totally awesome.

Misc
Thursday we took a trip to visit Teda, Adelaide, Liberty, and Scarlet. It was a lot of fun, and Madeleine even slept well for her second nap there! I had to WAKE HER UP when it was almost time to leave. Yay baby!

Sunday we had some more bloody spit-up, and it was just me again. Still, it's never fun, and at first it's hard to tell it's me, so there were a few moments of doubt and trying hard not to panic. SUPER THANKS to Lesli for helping diagnose the problem.

Wednesday morning started out kinda rough. Madeleine woke super early, at 4:45am, but she wasn't upset. She gurgled and cooed, so we left her alone, hoping she'd go back to sleep. I think she dozed a little, but at about 5:50, she started to cry. I decided I'd feed her and then put her right back down to see if she'd sleep some more. Well, she wouldn't eat, wanted nothing to do with eating, not even sitting in the rocker. Her cries were different from normal. She had bouts of being inconsolable. We changed her diaper, checked her mouth for signs of teeth, took her temp (98.7). Everything seemed fine. I of course called the pediatrician, and they suggested giving it another try. They didn't want to miss something, but they didn't want to bring us in over nothing, either. So I'll be trying to feed her when she wakes from her nap (currently at 1 hour, 17 minutes, which itself is noteworthy these days!). If that doesn't go well, I'll call the pediatrician back and we'll go in this afternoon. Madeleine has never been sick, but she's bound to get sick some time. We've been so blessed with perfect health for over 6 months, I really can't complain!

Turns out she wasn't sick. Or at least, she didn't show any more symptoms. SOMETHING was up, but she ate just fine at her next meal and slept just as horribly as usual. :) She ended up going to bed with only 3 meals, but I planned to get her around 9 for a dreamfeed. She woke just before 8:30, so I fed her then and she went right back to sleep.

Slideshow


Video of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment