.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers :Madeleine || Lincoln: Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Week 23: June 17-23

I saw that someone else had kept a weekly blog of her daughter's first year, and I wish I'd done it from the start. But no point in wishing too hard; it's not too late to start! I'll be posting weekly and updating during the week. Mostly for myself, so I can have a record of things in Madeleine's life. :)

Notes from Week 22:
* Madeleine started reaching for her feet during diaper changes!
* Two nights now, I've put a super diaper on Madeleine, and we don't change her at her dreamfeed. It's worked nicely; she barely wakes up, and she's just gone right back to bed after being burped. Me like!
* She hasn't rolled for about a week now. It's odd that for awhile, she rolled as soon as her back hit the floor. But now, I guess she just doesn't see the need for it?
* She loves to stand up, and I think she's starting to want to sit more. Sitting makes her happy.

Now for Week 23!


Nursing
All is still going well. She's been eating solidly at each meal, not crying anymore. I just love our times together. After eating, she's always so happy. She gurgles, coos, and cuddles. CANNOT GET BETTER than the cuddles!

Had some infection flare-up this week. I think I'm just going to have the infection until I stop nursing. I tried some new nursing pads this week, and they don't work as well as my usuals. So I went back to the usual. I'm still using my cream.


Sleeping
After a rough couple of weeks, it looks like her naps are back on track. She's definitely awake more during the day now, though she does still occasionally take a 2-hour nap. I think the disruption was a Wonder Week. The timing coincides almost perfectly.

The end of this week has been rough again. I think she's been getting overtired, which makes her unable to sleep longer than 45 minutes, sometimes napping as short as 30. This is not good--she wakes up unhappy and is generally fussy, unenergetic, and tired for as long as she's awake. Then, when we go to put her down for her next nap, she cries and is hard to get to sleep. And she wakes up early, and the cycle keeps going all day until bedtime, which is totally unpredictable. Generally, if she sleeps well during the day, bedtime is good. If not.... our whole evening is awash.

Since she's just been overtired a lot, we haven't tried to get her to fall asleep on her own. We know that she won't. This often means repeated "going to bed" routines, because as soon as we set her in the crib, she cries again. Matt and I take turns. :) I just hate it for Madeleine, because she is clearly tired but can't go to sleep.


Solids/Food
We'll be doing the "Baby-Led Weaning" method of transitioning to solids. We can't wait to start eating meals with her! The book says after 6 months, so July 14 will be a very fun day. :)


New Things
Weeks start on Thursdays for us, but since I didn't do a week before this one, I'll put it here. On Monday she started reaching for her feet while on her happy pad (that's her changing pad). On Thursday, she achieved her goal of getting a toe in her mouth. And she can now grab both of her feet with little to no trouble. It is truly amazing watching her little mind grow every day. :)

Sunday, she started arching her back when lying down. It makes diaper changes interesting and clothing changes hard! We just wonder what it's a prelude to, what muscles she's developing, and for what purpose. I love this stuff!

Also this weekend, she started clearly preferring to sit. And with more practice, she's getting better at "sitting." For the most part, she's just leaning forward really far, but I can let go of her and she stays upright. YAY!

IT IS OFFICIAL: Madeleine is learning to SIT! She's just getting started with it, but she is getting better every day!


Toys and Play
Previous favorites: tensegrity toy, baby keys, monkey gym
This week, she's gotten into a bunch of little toys given to her by her cousin, Marshall. There are rattly things, crinkly things, shiny things in a cloth cube. She even likes playing with the cube. It's interesting though--she had no idea that the toys go IN the cube. When I show her the cube full, she doesn't reach in and grab a toy. I have to take them out and hand them to her.

If you have small kids, you probably know the book "Where is Baby's Belly Button?" This has long been one of Madeleine's favorites, and she's just starting to help us turn down the flaps. She knows how to lift the flap to see the answer. It is super cool.


Misc
Madeleine went to Bible class Sunday for the first time! She woke up in time to go, so I went in with her. She sat in the little seat and it looked like she was really paying attention to the teacher. Though she was probably just trying to figure out how to get things in her mouth. :) She is awesome!

The Monkey Gym, given to Madeleine by Papa Pete and SuSu, has been conquered.




Video of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment